05 June 2006

pet pelican

my "date" post from last week got me thinking that it might be fun to share memories once in a while from our time in australia. then, the kids' magazine that i posted the "butterfly boots" picture from also included an article on pelicans, which reminded me of this friendly fellow that used to visit our back door regularly while we lived "down unda".

there was also a small river that ran through our backyard at this apartment ("flat"), which flowed directly from the pacific ocean. (we lived minutes from the coast.) one day, we could barely believe our eyes as we saw the backs of dolphins swimming past!!

i must stop now... all this reminiscing is making me a little bit sad. michigan is a nice place to live, to be sure, but not quite that cool. :) all i need to do, though, is turn my thoughts to the gigantic cockroaches we encountered on a regular basis, and i like michigan a whole lot more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»