01 August 2006

matt

may 6, 1985 - august 1, 2001 (5 yrs ago today)

"i have fought the good fight, i have finished the race, i have kept the faith." --2 timothy 4:7

these are the lyrics to a song i wrote last year in my brother's memory.

Until Then (Matt's Song) written February 14, 2005

There’s an empty spot in the picture on my windowsill-- It reminds me of the hole that can never be filled-- Missing a brother, missing a son-- And all of the dreams that are now gone-- Why did it have to happen this way?-- I don’t know

But one thing I know-- Is You never let go-- Even when we can barely hang on---- And one thing I believe-- Is that You never leave us-- To figure it out on our own---- I know there’s a purpose for all You allow-- A reason for all of our pain---- May our tears draw us closer to Your heart-- Until we see him again

There’s an empty spot in this heart that is aching still-- And I’m reminded of the hole that, Lord, only you can fill-- Still missing a brother, still missing a son-- Yet dreaming of him running with the One who knew why it had to happen this way-- Lord, You know

But one thing I know-- Is You never let go-- Even when we can barely hang on---- And one thing I believe-- Is that You never leave us-- To figure it out on our own---- I know there’s a purpose for all You allow-- A reason for all of our pain---- May our tears draw us closer to Your heart-- Until we see him again

Until then--

No comments: