06 September 2007

sos/14

speaking of favorites... blueberries received their very own day of honor in our household one friday in july. i decided to brave the blueberry patch with three kids in tow, one of which was on my back. on the way there, we stopped at the library and read Blueberries for Sal, a classic children's story about a little girl and a little bear cub who both go out with their mothers picking (& eating!) blueberries. it was a great day for picking, and somehow we ended up with 10 1/2 pounds of the delicious little fruits! and as for sawyer on my back, as long as i kept his berry supply steady, he did great. later that day, we made several batches of blueberry muffins and brought most of them around to our neighbors. mmmm!!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Val,
Yeah, I remember those yummy blueberry muffins. They were mmmmmmm... good. I kept telling Janet she better eat some soon or I will eat them all. Well, she was too slow, I ended up eating all of them myself. :)