16 February 2008

enjoying february

I read a post this week on one of my favorite blogs that inspired me to do something similar. In an effort to see the positive during what can be one of the most downer months of the year, she listed her “February Ten” – ten things that were currently giving her joy. Since 11 out of the last 15 days here in West Michigan have been void of sunshine, I am feeling the need to do the same. Just thought I would list off the things that are helping to keep me going this month. Care to join me, either in the comments or on your own blog?

1 – Having a night away at a B&B with Matt last weekend in South Haven. So wonderfully relaxing.

2 – Attending a very encouraging homeschool support group meeting this past Thursday evening at my friend Joni’s house. We listened to a recorded message given by Sally Clarkson, whom I love, and had a great discussion afterwards.

3 – Playing my new favorite game, FreeCell, on the computer – except for when I lose.

4 – Watching the entire set of Jane Austen films on Sunday nights with my neighbor, Janet. PBS is currently showing all of them in a series. Last night Matt & I also watched the new release about her life called “Becoming Jane” which was also excellent.

5 – Thinking about my garden and the possibility of planting more vegetables this year… is it possible that spring is officially only little more than a month away?

6 – Looking forward to making a trip out to the Meijer Gardens in a couple of weeks to see the butterflies (and buying a year-long membership while we’re there!)

7—Miriam’s Saturday soccer games, and seeing how much she enjoys it and how much she has improved since last year.

8 – Reading Tumble Bumble with Sawyer and hearing him recite almost the whole thing from memory.

9 – Remembering that my children are only going to be these ages once (especially as I consider my oldest will be turning 7 in a week!)

10 – Getting a little handmade stuffed owl in the mail from a very kind and crafty friend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please remind Matt to attend his annual "Council of Directors" meeting regarding his blog. I'm looking forward to reading the notes from that meeting :)

~Scott