22 August 2008

photo shoot #2

inspired by photographing my sister's kids a couple of weeks ago, i wanted to try it with my own. so last night we headed out to my parents' place to give it a shot. wow, what a lot of work to get them all looking good at the same time on top of trying to remember how to work my camera. :) the kids did great, though, and we did come away with some good ones... and only sustained a few casualties in the process. lots of mosquito bites, a wildberry-stained shirt, and bee-stung legs... matt stepped on a bee's nest just as we were finishing up and was stung about 5 or 6 times. thank God, though, that our kids had already left the area and our one-year-old nephew, who was standing right there, was unharmed! so, which are your favorite??

6 comments:

Jill Sloothaak said...

I love numbers 3, 4, 8, and 10...and all of the ones of the three of them. So cute! Did any of Trey turn out??? Thanks again for helping out last night!

the huizenga's said...

Oh Val, how could I choose a favorite? Each picture has something special about them...whether it's the toothy smiles or the innocent look in their big brown eyes :o)

kukailimoku said...

Val,

I love numbers 3 and 10. Number 3 for the beauty and creativity of the shot and number 10 because I am fascinated by brothers (having three boys myself).

They are all great, though. I often read your blog, Val, as does my older sister, Carrie. We were talking on vacation this summer about a particular one that you wrote (I think it was on the occasion of your anniversary). Our own lives and our own disappointments in our walk with Christ echoed what you were saying so eloquently.

Cheers.

the Domina said...

My pics are #1, 2 & 8. Great work. You're hired for when we come up in December. :) You though three kids was tough to photograph, try four!! Are you ready?? :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that these are my babies, they look sooo big!!!! Sawyer's haircut is adorable he looks more and more like Levi. I need copies of them all. Mom is going to die when she sees them!! I think you have proven beyond a doubt that you can photograph people.

Love you guys,
Manda

Dan and Jordan said...

Val,
The pictures are so great!
Also thanks for the comment. It is great to be able to see how everyone is doing through out the year.