04 September 2008

i still try to dress my kids by my definition of cute when we go out sometimes, but most days the older two pick out their own clothes and dress themselves now. this is an exercise in letting go for me. miriam and levi have both worn their bears jerseys probably 50% of the time this summer. levi insists that he must wear it most days "in case i see kevin" (our neighbor, who is an avid lions fan). levi also has these red umbro hand-me-down shorts that he loves to wear because they are "shiny". i feel the need to point out that the above outfit would never have been my choice, either... though i must say it doesn't look that bad. and for some reason he decided that he only wanted to wear one shoe.
miriam hates to wear dresses, anything with spaghetti straps, and capris... pretty much all the things i think are cute. instead, when she is not wearing her pink bears jersey, she is usually wearing one of her two soccer shirts. one is this neon green and the other is burgundy... yeah. and she usually pairs it with one of her oldest, most 90's style hand-me-down shorts.
sawyer i still get to dress myself, but i must say that i'm pretty sure he's one of the most consistently dirty kids around. in the words of his almost-uncle kevin, "i used to think sawyer was dark-complected, but then i realized he is just dirty most of the time."

1 comment:

Laura K. said...

ha ha ha! Cute pics and commentary, Val. At least your children have opinions about the clothes, but aren't at the point where they would have to be embarrassed about not matching : ) I think it's cute. Then again, I dress Bennett and he often doesn't match anyway. I blame it on the fact he's a messy kid too, and I never have enough tops to match the shorts. oh well.