09 May 2007

tulip time in full swing

tulips make great subjects. i love their bursts of color and the way the sunlight illuminates them. while miriam was out on the town with grandma today enjoying the festivities, i decided to venture out with the boys to catch some of these glories of spring before they said their last goodbyes for the season. what started out as a rainy, overcast morning turned into a perfectly sunny afternoon -- just in time for the parade! we spontaneously ended up downtown holland just in time to see it. levi loved the marching bands, the motorcycles, the army jeeps, and the "big cow". we even ran into miriam and my mom and watched the last half of the parade with them. what a fun and totally unplanned day!

here are a handful of my favorites from today.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jen said...

Aaaaahhh, how I miss the tulips of Holland. Beautiful pictures, Val!

Terri said...

Sure makes me miss Tulip Time! Maybe one of these years I'll have to plan a trip back for it!

the Domina said...

I miss the tulips too! You take beautiful photos, I love your narrow depth of field. The blurred colors in the background set a great stage for the crisp details of the individual blooms. Keep it up!

Grace's comment when seeing your photos: Oooh! I wish I could reach in and pick one!!