28 July 2006

plant a tree

i admit it. i'm a tree hugger. not to the extreme--i do take showers--but in the "mild" form, as my sister-in-laws tell me. i guess some of my pet peeves kind of give it away... allow me to list a few for you.
  • it bothers me when people run the water on full force between rinsing their dishes or while they are brushing their teeth, as well as when people water their lawns in the middle of the day.
  • i have an inner struggle every time i go to pour my coffee at church into a styrofoam cup.
  • i have to admit that sometimes i get annoyed at matt when he lets the car run after we have arrived and parked at our destination. (but i must give him credit for riding his bike to work most days that he can.)
  • matt also just informed me that i am a recycling freak. beware if you throw something recyclable into the garbage bin at our house!
  • i also have to admit that i sometimes re-bag some of my groceries before leaving the store, because i can barely live with myself if i am carrying only one or two items in a plastic bag. and if i am only buying one or two things, i will usually leave the bag and just carry my stuff.

anyway, the whole reason for bringing this up is that i was at IKEA today--one of my all-time favorite stores that i only get to go to when we are visiting matt's family--and saw a sign directing me to this website. it can apply to you whether you shop at IKEA or not, and has some interesting information and links. check it out.

No comments: