30 January 2007

a good reason to homeschool

our local schools were in session today. i have started going to the local high school a couple mornings a week to walk before matt leaves for work. this morning, after locating the van underneath probably a half foot of snow, i proceeded to plow through at least that much on our street. at least it was fluffy. underneath the snow, however, was a sheet of ice. my tires slid as i rounded the corner, and i almost slipped again on my walk through the high school parking lot. our street (we live about a block from an elementary school and a middle school) remained unplowed upon my return home.

that was this morning... and the above picture of our van was taken at about 4:00 this afternoon. remember, i have already cleared it of snow once today!

p.s.--someday, it would be nice to have a garage. :)

3 comments:

Matt said...

You mean it would be nice to have a garage that we could actually fit a vehichle into, along with the bikes and strollers and sleds and balls and...

Jen said...

Aaahhhh, good ol' lake effect snow! Oh how I do NOT miss that. I still remember my shock and near horror my first year at Hope when it snowed for about 9 days straight. The lovely thing about the eastern part of the state is that if there is that much snow, we all just stay home.

tentpeg said...

I agree. A garage would be wonderful right now. We are in the same boat as you. It stinks.