28 November 2007

water lily update

well, my first craft fair was a flop -- nothing sold. bummer. but i'm not giving up! i wasn't even there and my card sets were sort of a tack-on to my cousin's jewelry display, so that could be part of it. this weekend i'll try again, and have my own table this time! thursday and friday evenings -- contact me if you would like more details. i also will have matted 8x10 prints for sale, as well as some larger 11x14 prints on display (borrowed from the walls of myself and my sister). and of course, i always take orders!

i am also excited that Treehouse Books (downtown Holland) has agreed to carry my cards! last week my mom had miriam and levi for an afternoon, and sawyer and i headed downtown with my card sets to see if anyone was interested in putting them out in their store. (lug the cute kid along -- good icebreaker.) i have to mark them up a bit since they take a cut of the profits, but it is a low-risk way to get some exposure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep believing, Val! You have a wonderful talent! Good idea to take them to shops! People might be browsing for that "special gift" and see your cards. Love you alot!

Janet