14 July 2008

harry returns

amidst all the other things i have to get under wrap this week before leaving on our trip, there is one "to do" that i have on my list this week that you may find silly. i have been working on harry potter #5 since january and i am now determined to finish it before we leave. this book fizzled for me about half way through, mostly because i was so intimidated by its length that i lost motivation. i could have easily checked the audio book out of the library to finish it up, but i was too stubborn -- i wanted to make myself READ it. i have recently picked it back up and last night broke the 700 page mark. as of right now i have just over 100 pages to go.

matt and i hit barnes & noble the other night and each bought ourselves a new book for the trip, as well as harry potter #6. so, there's some extra motivation for me. besides, i can't stop now -- i need to find out how it all ends!! maybe i can finish the series by the end of the year??

my sweet husband, who finished #5 a few months ago now, has been waiting for me before starting #6. we finish a book and then watch the corresponding movie together. maybe we will have to watch #5 before we leave!

ps--never thought i would read these. initially, i jumped on the bandwagon that said these books were evil. they're really not if you ask me. it's fictional fantasy, which i'm finding that i really enjoy. i have never been much of a fiction reader in the past, but these books have opened up that world to me and i am so hooked now!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Maybe you can motivate Scott to FINALLY finish book 5. I read them all when they came out and have been waiting and waiting to see the movie with him. Enjoy!